Facebook has undeniably become a significant part of our daily lives. From sharing thoughts and photos to connecting with people worldwide, it offers unlimited possibilities for global communication. However, for some people, there comes a time when they feel the need to say goodbye to the social networking giant. The reasons could range from privacy concerns to simply wanting to avoid unnecessary distractions.
This article aims to provide a detailed, step-by-step guide on conquering the often daunting process of deleting a Facebook account permanently. Rest assured, every step you take and every click you make will lead you closer to the withdrawal from the network. If you need additional help, we will also guide you on how to contact Facebook’s customer support.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account
Before getting started, please note that deleting your account will permanently remove all your data from Facebook’s servers. This includes your posts, photos, videos, comments, likes, and friendships. This action is irreversible once completed.
Method 1: Using a Web Browser
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click on the arrow in the top-right corner and select ‘Settings & Privacy’, then ‘Settings’.
3. Click on ‘Your Facebook Information’.
4. Click on ‘Deactivation and Deletion’.
5. Select ‘Permanently Delete Account’, then ‘Continue to Account Deletion’.
6. Click ‘Delete Account’, enter your password, and then click ‘Continue’.
Method 2: Using Mobile App
1. Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
2. Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the bottom-right corner on iOS and the top-right corner on Android.
3. Scroll down and tap on ‘Settings & Privacy’, then ‘Settings’.
4. Scroll down to the “Your Facebook Information” section, and tap ‘Account Ownership and Control’.
5. Tap ‘Deactivation and Deletion’, select ‘Delete Account’, then tap ‘Continue to Account Deletion’.
6. Tap ‘Delete Account’, enter your password, and then tap ‘Continue’.
How to Contact Facebook Support?
To get help with deleting your account, you can contact Facebook’s support team.
1. Go to Facebook’s Help Center website.
2. Scroll down the list of topics and click ‘Managing Your Account’.
3. Click ‘Deactivating or Deleting Your Account’.
4. Click on any relevant sub-topic. If you can’t find the answer to your problem, click ‘Report a problem with deleting my account’.
5. Follow the instructions on the following pages to contact support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between deactivating and deleting a Facebook account?
Deactivating your account will make it invisible to other users, but your information will remain preserved on Facebook’s servers. Deleting your account will permanently erase all your account data.
Can I retrieve my account once it’s deleted?
No, once a Facebook account has been permanently deleted, it cannot be retrieved.
What happens to my posted contents after my account has been deleted?
All posts, photos, videos, and information associated with your account will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
How long does it take to delete a Facebook account permanently?
Facebook provides a grace period of about 30 days. Should you not log in during that period, your account will be deleted.
Will deleting my Facebook account erase everything?
Yes, deleting your account will remove all your data, including your profile, posts, photos, videos, comments, likes, and friendships.
Deleting a Facebook account is a straightforward yet somewhat complex procedure for those unfamiliar with Facebook’s settings. It’s crucial to understand that deleting your account is permanent and recovery is impossible once completed. Hence, always think carefully about your decision to ensure it’s the right one. By following our guide, you will be able to easily and effectively delete your Facebook account. Remember, you can always reach out to Facebook’s Help Center for further assistance. Goodbye Facebook, hello real world!