Indeed is a leading job-listing site that has gained popularity amongst job seekers due to its practicality and simplicity. It lets users upload their CVs, view job listings in different sectors and apply for jobs. However, there might come a time when you want to delete your Indeed account. This might be because you’ve found a job, want to reduce the amount of junk mail you receive, or simply prefer to use another job site. For whatever reason, it’s always good to know how to carry out this process.
Step by Step Guide to Delete Indeed Account
Before we begin, remember that once you delete your Indeed account, all saved information will be lost and cannot be retrieved.
Method 1: Through the Website
To delete your Indeed account via your browser, follow these steps:
- Go to the Indeed website and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “My Account” button, usually located in the top right-hand corner of the homepage.
- On your account page, look for the “account options” button.
- Click on the “Close my Account” button.
- You will then be directed to a page where you will confirm your decision to delete your account. Here you need to click on “Ok.”
- You will receive a confirmation email. Open it and click on the confirmation link to finalize the deletion process.
Please note, it might take a while for all your data to get erased from Indeed’s servers.
Method 2: Through the Mobile App
If you are using the Indeed mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Indeed app and tap on the ‘person’ icon to access your account details.
- Tap on ‘Account’ in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ option from the account menu.
- Inside the ‘Privacy’ section, you will find a ‘Delete My Account’ button. Tap it.
- Confirm your decision by selecting ‘Yes.’
How to Contact Customer Support?
If you’re experiencing issues while trying to delete your account or have additional questions, you can contact Indeed’s customer service through one of two channels:
- Email: You can reach out to Indeed’s customer service at this email address: email@example.com
- Help Center: Navigate to the Indeed Help Center page, select “Contact us” at the bottom of the page, and fill out the form that appears.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is there an option to temporarily deactivate my Indeed account?
No, Indeed only allows total deletion of accounts, not temporary deactivation.
2. I’ve deleted my Indeed account. Can I create a new one using the same email?
Yes, once the account is deleted successfully, you can use the same email ID to create a new account.
3. Do I need to cancel any premium services before deleting my account?
Yes, it’s recommended to cancel all premium or paid services on your account before proceeding with the deletion process.
4. How long would it take for Indeed to remove all of my information?
It might take a few days to a week for Indeed to completely remove your data from their servers.
5. If I delete my account, will my applications to jobs be affected?
Yes, once your Indeed account is deleted, employers will no longer be able to view or consider your applications through Indeed.
Deleting your Indeed account is a straightforward process that can be completed either via the website or the mobile app. However, it is essential to remember that once deleted, all your account information and job applications will be permanently lost. If you face any issues during this process, Indeed’s customer service can help address your concerns and queries.