Deleting a Nvidia account might seem like a complicated process, but it’s actually quite straightforward. Nvidia is a popular brand widely known for manufacturing graphic cards used in computers for better graphics performance. They also offer a cloud-based gaming service dubbed NVIDIA GeForce Now. For various reasons, you might be looking to remove your account from their database.
Below, you will find a complete guide detailing the step-by-step process and different methods of deleting your NVIDIA account. Also included is how to contact customer support should you encounter any problems during the process. Most common questions have been addressed in the FAQs section at the bottom of this article.
Complete Step by Step Guide
Here’s how to delete your NVIDIA account:
Method 1: Through the NVIDIA support page
- Go to the NVIDIA customer support page and log-in with your NVIDIA account credentials.
- This next part requires you to submit a request. Navigate to the contact page where you will click on ‘Submit a request’ at the top right-hand corner.
- Select the option ‘Submit a request to delete NVIDIA account and personal data’ found on the options list.
- Fill out the required form, providing information such as your name, registered email address and an indication as to why you seek to delete your account.
- Submit the request form by clicking on ‘Submit’.
- Are done. Wait while NVIDIA processes your request which might take several days. You will be notified once your account and personal data have been removed from NVIDIA’s databases.
Method 2: Through email
As an alternative, you might choose to request the deletion of your NVIDIA account through email. If so:
- Compose an email providing your name, and the email address registered with NVIDIA. Make sure to indicate your intention to delete your NVIDIA account.
- Send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Again, it might take several days for NVIDIA to process your request and remove your account from their databases.
How to Contact Customer Support?
It is advisable to contact NVIDIA’s customer support on matters concerning the deletion of account and personal data. You can do this through their customer support page or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to delete an account?
The average time frame falls between 24 to 72 business hours. However, this could take longer considering the number of requests support handles daily.
2. Can I recover my data after deleting my account?
No, once your account is deleted, it’s permanent and cannot be undone, hence all your personal data will be lost.
3. Will deleting my NVIDIA account disrupt my graphics drivers?
No. Your NVIDIA graphics drivers work independently and will not be affected by your account status.
4. Will I still be able to use GeForce experience software?
Yes, but you will miss out on features that require an account to function, such as game optimizations, game streaming among others.
5. Can I create a new account after I delete my previous account?
Yes, absolutely. You can always sign-up for a new account after the deletion of your former account.
We’ve, therefore, seen that deleting an NVIDIA account isn’t particularly a complex task. Just follow the aforementioned steps circumspectly and eventually, your request will be granted. Remember, you can always reach out to the NVIDIA customer support either through their support page or email, should any complication arise.