Introduction to Deleting Old Facebook Accounts
As a leading social media platform, Facebook is home to billions of users worldwide, with a significant number of people having registered more than once. Perhaps you were one of them and created multiple accounts. While an old, unused Facebook account might seem harmless, it can actually pose privacy risks. If you can’t access your old account because you’ve forgotten the password or no longer have access to the associated email, don’t worry. There are ways to delete your old Facebook account without a password or email. This article will guide you through various methods on how to do just that, step-by-step.
Step-by-step guide to delete old Facebook account without password or email
Method 1: Resetting Password via Friends’ Account
1. Open Facebook on your friends’ or current Facebook account.
2. Go to the profile of the account you want to recover.
3. Click on the dots next to the Message option and select ‘Find support or report profile’.
4. Choose ‘Something else’ then hit ‘Next’.
5. Now select ‘Recover this account’ and follow the instructions.
Method 2: Report your Old Account
1. Report your old account to Facebook and request them to delete it.
2. Visit the profile of your old account and click on ‘…’ next to the cover photo.
3. Select ‘Give feedback or report this profile’.
4. Choose the appropriate reason for reporting.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete this process.
Method 3: Via Identity Confirmation
1. Visit the Facebook Help Center.
2. You can fill out the form in the ‘My Personal Account was Disabled’ section.
3. Complete all information fields — your full name, username of the disabled/old account, and a copy of your government-issued ID or driver’s license.
4. Click ‘Send’. Facebook will review and respond via the email provided.
Contacting Facebook Customer Support
You can contact Facebook customer support by visiting the official Facebook Help Center. There, you’ll find options to either chat with a representative (if available) or fill out a form related to your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Will Facebook immediately delete my old account once it’s reported?
No, Facebook first reviews the account based on your report. Only after thorough review and if it is found that your reported account violates Facebook’s Community Standards will it be deleted.
2. Can I recover an old deleted Facebook account?
Once deleted, the account cannot be recovered. Facebook permanently removes your data after the grace period.
3. How much time does it take for Facebook to delete the old reported account?
It depends on the review process. There is no specific time frame.
4. Can Facebook refuse to delete my account?
If your account doesn’t violate Facebook’s Terms and Conditions, they may refuse to delete it.
5. Can a hacked Facebook account be deleted without a password or email?
Yes. The same methods applied for an old account can be applied to a hacked account too.
Deleting an old Facebook account when you’ve lost access via password or email can seem daunting. However, with the guidelines provided and Facebook’s resources, you can successfully resolve this problem. Remember, it is essential to maintain safety and privacy online, so ensure that you wisely manage your social media presence.