If you’ve been driving for Uber and now wish to delete your Uber driver account, it’s important to know that the process hasn’t always been straightforward. Unlike the Uber rider account, deleting the driver account isn’t as simple as pressing a delete button. Often, you’d have to go through the customer support service to delete your account entirely. This article aims to guide you through the process of deleting your Uber driver account with stellar simplicity. Please ensure you’re confident about removing your account because once it’s deleted, it’s irretrievable.
Method 1: Using Uber Driver App
Start by using the Uber Driver Application. Simply open the app, then follow these steps:
- Tap on your profile picture placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Help” section.
- Then choose the option “Account and Payment”.
- Proceed to select “Account Settings and Ratings”.
- Now, tap on “Delete my Uber Account”.
- Here, Uber asks you to share the reason for deleting your account. Briefly explain why you’re taking this step.
- Click on submit.
It’s important to note that this move only deactivates your account temporarily. For a complete deletion, follow the steps mentioned in the next method.
Method 2: Contacting Uber Support
This method borders on reaching out to the customer service team to finalize the deletion of your Uber driver account. Here is how you can do that:
- Start by visiting Uber’s Help Page online.
- Select the “For Partners” option.
- Then, choose “Account and Payment Options”.
- Click on “Changing Account Settings”.
- Lastly, select “I want to delete my account” then follow the instructions.
Contacting Customer Support
However, if you encounter any issues while trying to delete your Uber driver account or the above methods don’t work for you, you can reach out to customer support by following these steps:
- Open up the Uber Driver app and tap on your profile photo.
- Scroll down and tap on “HELP”.
- Tap on “Call Support” and you will be put through to an Uber support agent.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I reactivate my Uber driver account after deleting it?
Once deleted, the Uber driver account cannot be reactivated.
2. I can’t delete my account through the app; what do I do?
In such cases, it’s recommended to contact Uber driver support. They can provide further assistance.
3. How long does it take to delete an Uber driver account?
The temporary deactivation happens immediately, but the complete deletion might take a few weeks.
4. Does Uber keep my data after I delete my driver account?
Most likely, Uber retains some data for legal, safety and security reasons.
5. Can I create a new driver account after deleting my current one?
Yes, you can create a new driver account using a new email address, but you would have to go through the application process again.
Being a ride-share driver comes with its own unique set of experiences, offering a unique perspective on the gig economy. However, if you’ve decided to take a break or move on to different things, knowing how to delete your Uber driver account can provide closure. Given that Uber doesn’t have an in-app option to directly delete your driver account, the process can be a bit tedious. Following the methods listed above to delete your Uber Driver account should help you achieve your objective. Please make sure you’re clear about this decision because it can’t be reversed once the process is complete.