Snapchat is a popular social media platform that allows users to send and receive short-lived picture messages, or ‘Snaps.’ However, like other digital platforms, losing access to your Snapchat account—because you accidentally deleted it, forgot your password, or because of other reasons—can be a frustrating experience. The good news is, Snapchat does provide an option to recover a deleted account. In this step by step guide, we will walk you through different ways to recover your Snapchat account.
Step-by-step Guide to Recovering Deleted Snapchat Account
Method 1: Recover Snapchat Account Before 30 Days
Snapchat allows users to recover their account within 30 days of deactivation. Here is how you can do it:
1. Open Snapchat and click on the ‘Log In’ button.
2. Enter your username and password.
3. If the account is simply deactivated, you will be able to log in. You may need to verify your identity by clicking on the link sent to your registered email address or phone number.
4. If your account was deleted, you will receive a notification directing you to the Snapchat support page where you can learn about account recovery options.
Method 2: Contact Snapchat Support
If you can’t recover your Snapchat account using the above method, you can try contacting Snapchat customer Support:
1. Go to Snapchat Support page.
2. Click on ‘Contact Us.’
3. Choose ‘My Account & Security’ from the options.
4. Click on ‘Account Information.’
5. Scroll down and choose ‘I Can’t Access My Account.’
6. You will then be directed to fill in a form about your issue. They will ask you questions such as, “What happened?,” “When did you notice this issue?,” and “If you’re unable to log in, what error message are you seeing?” You’ll also have a chance to explain your issue in detail.
7. After you’ve completed and submitted the form, Snapchat Support will review it and get back to you with a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I recover a deleted Snapchat account after 30 days?
No, Snapchat permanently deletes all accounts after 30 days of deactivation. You will need to create a new account if 30 days have passed since the deletion of your account.
2. I forgot my password. How do I recover my account?
If you forgot your password, click the “Forgot your password?” link on the login screen, and you will be prompted to either provide your email address or phone number to reset it.
3. Can I recover my deleted Snapchat messages?
Snapchat typically deletes all Snaps after they’ve been viewed by all recipients, and these cannot be recovered.
4. Is it possible to restore deleted friends on Snapchat?
Yes, you can re-add friends that you previously deleted by searching their username in the ‘Add Friends’ option.
5. What happens to the snaps in my Memories if my account is deleted?
If you choose to delete your Snapchat account, all of your data, including snaps saved in Memories, will be deleted after 30 days.
Losing access to your Snapchat account can be quite disconcerting, especially if you are an active user. However, the process of account recovery is relatively straightforward if you act fast and within the 30-day window. Understand that Snapchat has these measures in place to protect user accounts and their privacy. It is always recommended to remember your login credentials and keep your registered email account or phone number updated to avoid losing access to your Snapchat account.